Tell us whether you accept cookies

We use cookies to collect information about how you use We use this information to make the website work as well as possible and improve the delivery of our services. Find out more about cookies.

Set analytics cookies

In addition to using mandatory cookies we'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by enabling us to collect and report on the usage. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work, please see our 'Cookies page'.

Coronavirus (COVID-19): what you need to know and local service updates

[Skip to content]

Your browser is over 10 years old and is no longer supported! Some parts of the site may not function correctly until you upgrade to a modern browser.

Self Service - Privacy Statement (GDPR)

Privacy Statement - Rural Exception Site Registration

Your personal information - what we need and why?

If you would like to register your land as a potential rural exception site, the Council will need your permission to hold personal information about you and your land. This includes your name, home address, email, telephone number and land location details. We will not collect any personal data from you we do not need.
The information you provide will be retained within our Planning Policy data base.

Who does the Council share your data with?

It may be necessary to share your personal information internally and to form a register of potential land. However, no other third parties have access to your information, unless the law allows them to do so. The land details you provide will be used to conduct a consultation with the local community.

How long does the Council keep your data?

The Council will maintain your personal data for the period that your land remains on the register. If you no longer wish to be included on the register, please inform the Council. We will then securely dispose of your data.

What are your rights?

If at any point you believe the information the Council holds is incorrect you may request to see this information and have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter. Our Data Protection Officer is Gillian Kennedy and you can contact her by email

How to provide your consent?

By clicking "I Agree" (below) and ticking the checkbox on the form that follows you agree to give Daventry District Council permission to hold your personal data for the purpose of the potential rural exception site register.

How to make a complaint?

If you are not satisfied with how we are looking after your information or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).

All information you provide is held in accordance with our Information Charter and in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 [GDPR from May 2018].

© Daventry District Council 2020